- 04-Jan-2017 to 18-Jan-2017 (CST)
- Fund Development
- Austin, TX, USA
- Full Time
PTO, Health Insurance, 403(b)
Catholic Charities is a religious organization founded by the Catholic Diocese of Austin to provide direct social services to those in need. It is related to but separate from the diocese. Catholic Charities helps the Bishop of Austin fulfill Christ's mission in Central Texas. Some positions employed in Catholic Charities of Central Texas help to extend the ministry of the Catholic Church in particular ways as outlined in the job description. Therefore, the Catholic Charities of Central Texas employee in this position is related to and assists the Catholic Church in the performance of its ministry and thereby engages in ministry for the church.
The Associate Director of Advancement is responsible for the organization based formalized fund development model and marketing strategy that assures adequate funding for agency operations, services, programs and special projects. Also promotes the organization within the community to ensure a broad base of funding resources.
- Implement all established and new activities pertaining to financial development including but not limited to programs for planned and annual giving, major gifts, matching gifts, endowments, bequests and capital campaigns.
- Analyze demographic and statistical donor data to implement strategies for identifying, cultivating, and engaging prospective donors.
- Implement the identified plan for donor recognition, retention, renewal and up-grade.
- Personally solicit gifts from foundations, corporations, community organizations and selected individuals and respond to donor concerns and requests.
- Participate in special event fundraisers.
- Cultivate positive relationships with relevant funding entities, faith based organizations, social service providers, and other community partners.
- Establish internal networks in order to build professional relationships with colleagues, understand the work and needs of the programs, and stay abreast of current issues within the agency's programs.
- Ensure compliance with funding and donor designations and agency quality assurance standards.
- Participate as an active team member of Catholic Charities.
- Maintain a work schedule that maximizes availability to staff and customers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of fundraising practices, procedures and philosophies.
- Knowledge of graphic design and print production.
- Knowledge of grant writing.
- Skill in oral and written communication, public presentations and presenting ideas and concepts to stakeholders.
- Skill in cultural sensitivity and awareness.
- Ability to develop, manage, and work within the parameters of a program budget.
- Ability to work independently and with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations, including low-income persons and other disadvantaged persons.
- Ability to conformably work in a faith-based environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to operate various word processing software, spreadsheets, and database programs.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and utilize effective time management techniques to meet deadlines.
- Ability to follow instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
- Ability to create and foster an environment consistent with agency culture, mission, vision, and values.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with all segments of the community (parishes, priests, religious, laity, Catholic ministries, civic leaders and community agencies.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers and work effectively with others.
- Ability to travel throughout a 25 county service region as necessary.
Education and Trainings:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited American college or university or equivalent in a foreign country.
- One (1) year of full-time wage earning experience in sales, business, or donor cultivation.
- Valid Texas driver's license.
- Must maintain compliance with the Diocese of Austin Ethics and Integrity in Ministry (EIM) policies throughout the employment period.