- 10-Mar-2017 to 24-Mar-2017 (CST)
- Gabriel Project Life Center - Bryan College Station
- Bryan, TX, USA
- Full Time
PTO, Health Insurance, 403(b)
Catholic Charities is a religious organization founded by the Catholic Diocese of Austin to provide direct social services to those in need. It is related to but separate from the diocese. Catholic Charities helps the Bishop of Austin fulfill Christ's mission in Central Texas. Some positions employed in Catholic Charities of Central Texas help to extend the ministry of the Catholic Church in particular ways as outlined in the job description. Therefore, the Catholic Charities of Central Texas employee in this position is related to and assists the Catholic Church in the performance of its ministry and thereby engages in ministry for the church.
The Case Manager I will provide case management and referral services to individuals and families in need.
- Conduct screening, intakes, and assessment of needs for individuals and families seeking services to provide their children with a healthy start at life including mentoring, education, case management, resource development and referrals.
- Complete all necessary documentation to ensure compliance with funding requirements, license requirements, best practice standards, and agency quality assurance standards.
- Develop and maintain a strong knowledge base of Catholic Charities programming and community resources.
- Assist the Director to identify and implement actions to improve program effectiveness as necessary.
- Prepare and submit all required reports and paper work in a timely and accurate manner.
- Participate in appropriate community collaborations by cultivating positive relationships with relevant funding and monitoring entities, faith based organizations, social service providers, and other community partners.
- Assist clients in implementing short to long-range plans by exploring all available options, identifying the client's own resources and available community and government resources, making appropriate referrals, and assisting in linking client with available resources serving as facilitator and advocate when necessary.
- Maintain confidential client files, statistical records and case notes.
- Participate as an active team member of Catholic Charities.
- Maintain a work schedule that maximizes availability to staff and customers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Skill in cultural sensitivity and awareness.
- Ability to work within the parameters of a program budget.
- Ability to work independently and with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations, including low-income persons and other disadvantaged persons.
- Ability to conformably work in a faith-based environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to operate various word processing software, spreadsheets, and database programs.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and utilize effective time management techniques to meet deadlines.
- Ability to follow instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
- Ability to create and foster an environment consistent with agency culture, mission, vision, and values.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with all segments of the community (parishes, priests, religious, laity, Catholic ministries, civic leaders and community agencies.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers and work effectively with others.
- Ability to travel throughout a 25 county service region as necessary.
Education and Trainings:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited American university or equivalent in a foreign country.
- Years of experience may be substituted for the educational requirement at a ratio of two (2) years of full time wage earning experience equals one (1) year of education, with a substitution of eight (8) years' experience equals a bachelor's degree.
- Valid Texas driver's license.
- Must maintain compliance with the Diocese of Austin Ethics and Integrity in Ministry (EIM) policies throughout the employment period.